Home Forums pH Forum Coaching Confirmation Bias Question 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Caron
    Keymaster

One of the best tools to reducing Bias in any form is a checklist based on Rules. One Rule I have is to attend conferences where I do not know anyone as often as possible. What are some rules you have created yourself?

Corey Hobbs
    Participant

I try to make sure to do an assessment of my strengths and weaknesses, and then I try to make sure anything I attend is addressing a weakness and need in my current abilities.

Timothy Caron
    Keymaster

Do you ever find you are biased in your assessment? Do you take outside assessment to ensure you are avoiding personal bias on something?

Corey Hobbs
    Participant

I like to think I am unbiased, but no doubt there’s some as I work through. I’ve looked for feedback from clients/potential clients/missed clients. I’ve found they’ll typically just tell me what they think I want to hear.

Timothy Caron
    Keymaster

Which is the challenge of asking for feedback, it really is an inconvenience and uncomfortable to say something could be better or you perspective is limited – but it makes having people that do that much more valuable. Without it, bias is inevitable

Corey Hobbs
    Participant

You absolutely nailed it. I always have to work through this process of not wanting to reach out because I don’t want to be a bother or inconvenience. It is uncomfortable, and something I need to prioritize more of.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.